Prep Time 0 hr 0 min
Cook Time 44 min
Total Time 44 min
Pigs in a Blanket - Two Ways
This recipe duo combines the classic kid version of pigs in a blanket with an adult version - brats in a blanket. The brats are so good you don't necessarily need kids around to enjoy this fun treat!
Created by: Emily Wilson
Tags: American, Dairy, Wheat/Gluten, Beef, Brunch, Kid Friendly, Quick & Easy, Easy, Southern, Main Dish, Snack, Meat, Pork, Wheat/Gluten, Sandwich, Cheese & Dairy, Weeknight
- Prep & Cook
- Add to Groceries
Can of Large Crescent Rolls, Big and Flaky
Meat & Seafood
Cheese & Lunchmeat
Dairy & Eggs
Canned Goods, Soups & Mixes
Condiments, Oils & Dressings
1 Sheet Pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a small knife to carve a canal on the top of each hot dog and each bratwurst.
- Open the can of crescent rolls and separate the dough into triangles.
- For the kids' pigs, take one triangle and place the wide end closest to you. Trim the American cheese into narrow strips and stuff into the opening in the hot dog. Place the hot dog at the base of the crescent roll, then roll it up and place on an ungreased sheet pan. Repeat with the remaining hot dogs.
- For the adults' pigs, take a triangle and place the wide end closest to you again. Place a brat at the base and fill the opening with sauerkraut. Drizzle mustard over the top of the sauerkraut before rolling up the crescent roll. (Add a strip of cheese too, if desired.) Roll the same way you did with the kids' pigs and place on same sheet pan.
- Place the "pigs" in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer the pigs to a serving dish or dinner plates. Serve warm!